Okay so today I was eating lunch at the same restaurant as I usually do. (I get free lunch 5 times a week at the same restaurant-that's a whole other blog in itself). So anyway I was eating and all of a sudden I heard loud sirens. I was with a couple girls who have been in Switzerland for a few years, and they said this was normal. So it turned out to be a practice war siren. If they were at war they would ring these sirens to alert the city to go and hide. I was scared at first as we don't have sirens in Canada or the USA. The girls assured me it was only a drill. Thank God :-) I have a video of my roommate, Tereza and me being silly during the sirens. It was so crazy. They went on for about an hour, around 10 min in between each siren.
I'm planning on adding some pictures of Switzerland in the next couple days and I will be updating you on how things are going on here. I am going shopping in a little while! I've resisted this long and can't resist it anymore! haha. Don't worry they have great sales on right now! :-D
Have a great day and stay posted!
Love Natalie
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nat, the 'girls' say hi, as does the chinchilla!
ReplyDeleteGlad to see that we'll be getting more updates from ya! You are missed here, but we're proud of you and hope that you enjoy your time there.
Hope you make a difference in the lives of those around you, much like you've made a difference in all of our lives back here! See you soon...Karl